What sets me apart
I am a Marriage Celebrant located in the Adelaide CBD. I have performed wedding ceremonies at a number of locations within the Adelaide Hills, the Barossa Valley, winery and beach settings, Nether Hill Farm, Glen Ewin Estate, Al-Ru Farm, Sunnybrae Estate, Botanic Park, Barristers Block, to name a few of the picturesque and charming venues. In fact, I am able to perform marriages Australia wide if you would like to fly me there!
My style as a celebrant is professional, I am genuinely warm and friendly with attention to detail. I will design your ceremony, be it intimate, casual, formal or extravagant, as we share your journey of how you made it to your wedding day and all you are looking forward to as you continue your journey as a married couple.
- I am same-sex friendly
- I am flexible with dates
- I have strong writing and narrative skills to tell your love story
- I know how to engage a crowd
- I perform traditional and non-traditional services
As a marriage celebrant, it is my role and responsibility to assist in creating and personalising your ceremony. Having a personalised ceremony gives you the chance to say, in a meaningful and individual way to each other, exactly how and what you think and feel as you are married. Your wedding is all about you, the couple, and what you as a couple wish to announce to each other in the presence of your family and friends, your very personal and solemn promises to each other. I will ensure that your celebration is memorable, engaging and most importantly, enjoyable.
To begin with – I offer a no-obligation coffee/wine first meeting with a couple. Obligation free meetings generally are conducted at my home office in the Adelaide CBD or at a more convenient location for a couple. I’m definitely mobile and flexible!
More often than not, the first question asked relates to the price of a ceremony. The price will be based on a number of things. If you require me as your celebrant to write your personalised ceremony, I am able to provide assistance and guidance with resources for types of ceremonies, readings, poems and vows to create or blend into your ceremony.
I provide a professional quality Chiayo sound system with Bluetooth compatibility and input for videography sound recording. Also, a signing table and chairs if required although most venues will provide these. It may depend on location which may incur travelling costs. It includes a (preferably on-site) rehearsal, liaison with your photographer/videographer, wedding planner, venue co-ordinator to ensure that it all comes together seamlessly and runs smoothly on your special day.
Importantly, the price also includes the preparation, completion and lodgement of all legal documents as required by Commonwealth of Australia law when marrying - the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM), Declaration of No Legal Impediment and the Official Marriage Certificate. The Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed no earlier than 18 months and no later than one month before the date of the marriage.
These documents are forwarded to the Births, Deaths and Marriages (of the relevant State of Australia in which your marriage was conducted), for registration of your marriage. In South Australia, couples may apply to Births, Deaths and Marriages for their original Official Marriage Certificate between 4-6 weeks after their marriage. If required sooner, a further fee may be required by BD&M.
It is inclusive of the presentation of the Commonwealth of Australia Certificate of Marriage on the day of your marriage.
During the preparation of your ceremony, I’m available through Zoom, Skype, and unlimited email and mobile ‘phone meetings.
All my ceremony fees vary depend on the time of year and day of the week (peak season/off-peak, weekdays, weekends, public holidays), the location of your wedding ceremony and requirements of the ceremony.
- Is a simple and intimate wedding more appealing?
- If the thought of the organisation of a wedding – wedding attire, stationery, flowers and decorations, photography, reception, transportation etc. is daunting?
- Perhaps the romance of an elopement?
- Consider that all you need are two witnesses and a celebrant!
Budget Weddings are simple legal ceremonies and marriage registration. They appeal to couples who want a ceremony that is short, sweet and totally focused on them. If this type of simple and intimate ceremony is for you. ENQUIRE NOW
Firstly, to get married, you must give one month’s written notice, the “Notice of Intention to Marry” or “NOIM”. It is my responsibility to have this legal document completed together with the “No Legal Impediment to Marriage” and the “Official Certificate of Marriage”, all of which will be lodged with Births, Deaths and Marriages for registration following your wedding
Mid-week ceremony - no frills Monday to Friday up to 3 pm. This is a similar service to a registry office wedding and will include the couple, celebrant and a small gathering of guests (up to 30 guests) held at an agreed location within 30 kilometres of Adelaide CBD (further will attract a travel fee).
Weekend ceremony - no frills Friday 5 pm until Sunday night. This also is a similar service to a registry office wedding and will include the couple, celebrant and a small gathering of guests held at an agreed location within 30 kilometres of Adelaide CBD (further will attract a travel fee).
Once again, all my ceremony fees vary depend on the time of year and day of the week (peak season/off-peak, weekdays, weekends, public holidays), the location of your wedding ceremony and requirements of the ceremony.
We had Kathleen for our wedding on January 6th and while it was a simple informal quiet affair, she understood what we needed and created the ceremony to suit which made our day extra special. Thank you for your helpfulness and insightfulness for our wedding service. You certainly made it a special occasion. I will have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone in need of a celebrant.
The first step is to get in touch with me. We’ll chat and arrange to meet. I’d love to hear your story.
I’ll work with you to plan your ceremony down to the smallest detail, offering ideas and suggestions.
Your wedding day has arrived and I will be there to ensure everything is perfect and the ceremony goes off without a hitch.
My service Guarantee
- No obligation, fee free first meeting with couple. A couple have to be compatible with their celebrant. After all it is a most important and memorable day in their lives.
- Lodgement of Notice of Intention to Marry, Declaration of No Legal Impediment and Official Marriage Certificate with Births Deaths and Marriages.
- Personalised written ceremony.
- Chiayo sound system with Bluetooth compatibility for music. The selected music for your ceremony is selected and “owned” by the couple.
- Provision of a signing table and chairs although some venues provide these.
- As a celebrant, I consider it mandatory to have a rehearsal/final meeting as close to the ceremony as possible. It is important for me as the celebrant to meet the couple’s attendants and immediate family members. At this time the “Declaration of No Legal Impediment” be completed by the couple.
- Presentation of the Commonwealth Marriage Certificate on the wedding day. This is a presentation certificate only indicating that the marriage took place on that day. The official Certificate of Marriage can be applied for at Births Deaths and Marriages approximately 4-6 weeks after the wedding. If required sooner a further fee will be required by BDM.